13 October 2010

eating out...another relaxing evening in pani's cafe

I'm slightly worried that my brand new shiny blog appears to be only about food when it's supposed to be about all kinds of stuff...hmmm...

Anyway, Tuesday I went to a Newcastle restaurant called Pani's, which is tucked away down a cobbled side street.  It's a wonderful Italian eatery, very relaxed with fabulous food.  I had ravioli con scamorza, which is ravioli filled with aubergines and scamorza cheese in a butter and olive oil sauce topped with percorino cheese.  Even though the cheese sounds like a James Bond villain, it was lovely, all fresh and bright tasting, yum.

My friends had ravioli filled with lobster with a tomato, cream and prawn sauce and pork fillet with a mushroom and olive sauce.

The affogato al caffe - ice cream with an espresso poured over the top - was as fabulous as usual.  And something I've never succeeded at recreating at home...must try harder!

Panis also has a special place in my heart as it's where my boyfriend and I went on our first date (I'm smiling now...).

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!