02 October 2010

eating in...pork and pie and plums

No, not together, that'd be to unusual, even for me!

Instead we have a glorious small pork pie from Newcastle's farmers' market (which is on the first Friday each month by the Monument) served hot with mushy peas and brown sauce (I tend to have HP but my boyfriend prefers Daddy's).  I haven't met anyone else who has this but I remember occasionally having it as a child so maybe it's a Yorkshire delicacy.  I now have it once a month at least during the winter months.



I also poached some plums.  Look at the glorious blushing around the edges of the yellow flesh with a fabulously pink juice at the bottom of the pan.  I think I'll have some with Greek yogurt and flaked almonds...mmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!