for the last five years in newcastle we've had an annual culture crawl around some of the museums, galleries and other arty venues after hours when they're usually all shut. this year's late shows is tonight and tomorrow (13 and 14 may). i'm not there tonight as i'm terribly busy catching up on this here blog but am going tomorrow, how very exciting.
so tomorrow's programme will hopefully feature
* a fashion parade with an afternoon tea twist complete with games, a photo booth and lots of tea and cakes (thank heavens) at the shipley art gallery
* a guided tour of newcastle's contemporary and historic architecture from northern architecture
* an audio-visual installation called sentinel in one of the tyne bridge towers
* a nose around the new highbridge studios and gallery before it opens
* an 'off the wall' (never really sure whether things are actually are that off the wall if they need to be labelled up like this) performance, a spot of paper engineering (whatever that is) and hands-on activities at the laing
i'll let you know how it goes...!